Want to connect Yamaha Soundbar to TV and looking for the best method? We recommend using an HDMI cable that includes a new protocol design and provides exceptional sound quality.
If your TV doesn’t support an ARC connection, you can also use an optical cable or Bluetooth adapter alternatively to connect your external sound system.
However, here we are going to discuss the easiest ways to connect Yamaha Soundbar to TV. You can go with the most suitable connection depending on your choice.
Connect Yamaha Soundbar to TV Using HDMI
It is effortless to connect a soundbar to a TV, and you just need to get an HDMI cable for it. The connection is only possible if both your TV and Soundbar both devices have an HDMI ARC port.
Follow the given steps to connect the soundbar to the TV
- Get the HDMI cable.
- Connect its Out end to the ARC connection on the TV, and it may be labeled on the backside.
- Connect the other end to the Yamaha Soundbar that you want to use.
- Go to the menu on TV and verify the ARC is enabled.
- If enabled, your soundbar is successfully connected to the TV.
The key feature of using HDMI cable, it supports multi-channel digital audio in a single wire. You don’t need to use multiple wires for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD for 7.1-channel sound.
However, if your TV doesn’t support an HDMI ARC connection, you can also connect it using an optical cable.
You may also check:
Connect Yamaha Soundbar to TV Using Optical Cable
The best alternative way to connect a soundbar to TV is using an optical cable. All the models on the market support at least optical connections that you can use to attach your external sound systems.
If you want to connect your Yamaha Soundbar to a TV via an optical cable, follow the given steps carefully.
- Get an optical cable and connect its one end to the TV.
- Connect the other end to the soundbar.
- Go to the settings and set the output to optical cable.
- Give the correct input to the soundbar by changing input mode.
- Now play some track and check if it’s connected.
After following the steps, your soundbar must work with the TV. Rest the settings if it’s not connected. However, if both your TV and soundbar devices support Bluetooth, you can also connect them wirelessly.
Connect Yamaha Soundbar to TV Using Bluetooth
Some of the best Soundbars available on the market support Bluetooth connections, and you can connect them to your devices wirelessly.
If you have a Yamaha soundbar that supports a wireless connection, you can attach it to a TV without using HDMI, optical cable, or any other cord.
The connection is only possible if both devices support Bluetooth. Many old TV models don’t feature wireless connections, so you can use an optical cable to connect them to soundbars.
- Turn on both devices and turn into Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button to enter the soundbar in pairing mode.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on the TV and find your device.
- Select the device you want to connect with the TV and press Ok.
You can plug an external Bluetooth adapter into your TV if it doesn’t have built-in wireless adapters.
There are several ways you can connect your soundbar to a TV. We recommend using an HDMI cable, and it supports high-definition audio formats to bring the sound quality to the next -level.
The latest models of TV available on the market also support Bluetooth connection, and you can connect them with a soundbar wirelessly.